SCASP

Sonoma County Association of School Psychologists

Blog

view:  full / summary

June 2017 Meeting Minutes

Posted by Angela Somawang on August 17, 2017 at 12:55 PM Comments comments (2)

SCASP AGENDA for June 15th, 2017 MEETING (date changed from 6/8/2017) 8:30-12:00am

Please Note: Minutes are in Blue Text

Location: Private Residence

ROLL CALL:

Present: Ryan Pepin, Deanna Fontanes-Halliday, Zenia Horning, Angela Bonner, Annalise Puentes, Angela Somawang, Bethany Deniz.

Absent: Leslye C., Kathy B., Maura R.,

Mtg. called to order at at 9:12

AGENDA:

Minutes from May 2017:

Refer to Appendix A

Amendments of Agenda for June 2017:

Approval of Agenda for June 2017:

Update on Executive Board Elections for SCASP 2017-18 Officer Positions:

Discussion on payment options for Membership:

Reports:

Co-Presidents

Co-Treasurers

Co-Secretaries

Membership

Website

Region 1 Rep

Other Reports?

7. Updates on Fall Kick-Off Event

8. End of the Year Party Updates

9. Other items to discuss:

Do we want to support an event, similar to the past events where SCASP/SELPA facilitated a Panel Presentation w/ SCOE, SELPA, NPS’s, NPA’s, etc

Do we want to consider incorporating this into the Sept. Kick-off event?


1. Minutes from May - Refer to Appendix A: (ACTION ITEM - VOTE)

Any amendments? no

Approved? Yes (7 yays, 0 nays)

2. Agenda for June 2017: (ACTION ITEM - VOTE)

Any amendments? No (7 yays, 0 nays)

3. Approval of Agenda for June 2017 (ACTION ITEM - VOTE)

Approved (7 yays, 0 nays)

4. Update on Executive Board Election Results for SCASP 2017-18 Officer Positions

DFH : Discuss which positions have voting rights and discuss : one vote per position for those positions that have two people supporting specific positions(ACTION ITEM -VOTE)

Board discussed and agreed that each co-member will have a vote (not each position individually). Board voted, 7 yays - 0 nays. Board adopts this position

Co-Presidents: Zenia Horning and Leslye Charlesworth

Co-Treasurers: Angela Bonner and Suzy Tribbey

Co-Secretaries: Annalise Puentes and Bethany Deniz

Membership: Maura Ryan

Website: Angela Somawang

Region I Affiliate Representative: Deanna Fontanes-Halliday

5. Discussion on payment options for Membership

Square vs. Website vs. Pay Pal

Refer to current Website/Webmaster Report in June 2017 Agenda for details

6. Reports /Discussion Items:

Co-Presidents Report (Angela Bonner & Deanna Fontanes-Halliday):

Discussion regarding 2017-18 SCASP Membership fees

Fee variation for:

Regular Membership (School Psychologist & LEP’s)

Suggested fee: $50.00 (exclusive of CEU’s)

Affiliate Membership

Suggested fee: $40.00

To include:

Retirees

Interns & Students

Non-School Psych’s in Education

Parents and All Other Interested People

Board agreed that Regular Membership will be $50 (all school psychs, LEPs, educators/professionals in the field)

Retiree - $40

First year psychs - $40

Student/Intern - $25

Board voted on this 7 yays- 0 nays

Fee to include:

SCASP membership for yearly membership and attendance to all SCASP sponsored events for the 2017-18 year

Percentage of fees to be designated to CASP’s Political Action Coalition (PAC)

What % does SCASP want to designate towards the CASP PAC? We discussed: 1-3 percent.

Board agreed to donate 3% for the ‘17-’18 school year to the CASP PAC. Voted - 6 yays - 0 nays

B) Discussion on “Hand-Over” of SCASP Binder to the 2017-18 Co-Presidents: binder handed over to Zenia Horning

Co-Treasurer's Report (Kathy Bregder & Deanna Fontanes-Halliday):

New treasurers voted in are Angela Bonner and Suzanne Tribbey. They are replacing Kathy Bregder on the account, and Kathy will be removed from the account. Angela Bonner and Suzanne Tribbey will be responsible for maintaining account for the 2017-2018 school year. The following SCASP officers will be on the account: Suzanne Tribbey, Angela Bonner, and Deanna Fontanes-Halliday.

Discuss possibly changing banks? No need to change bank

Redwood Credit Union’s procedures for change in designated people on account (DFH to report):

New written agreements with names and driver’s licenses provided will override current names on account (Kathy B and DFH) Angela Bonner and Suzy Tribbey need to fill out individual “Application and Agreement” to change who has authorization on the account.

Status of SCASP account being reimbursed from Kathy Bregder for reimbursement she initiated last year of $103.00?

Status of: SCASP’s donation to Positive Images $240 for the workshop they facilitated on

Previous and Current report on balance in account

May 2017 $5,092.25

June 2017 $4,540.05

Co-Secretaries Report- (Analise Puentes & Bethany Deniz): None at this time

Membership Report- (Zenia Horning) - none at this time

Website/Webmaster (Angela S. to update everyone on new website)

Discuss additional Areas of Content (table for next meeting)

Legal Updates

Items in process: Kaiser’s agreements with SELPA re: dx of SLD

Discuss:

Membership Payment online via website: The website gives an option for using the web store to pay for memberships and trainings, but it will cost $311.76 for two years (the fee includes three emails attached to website, access to the store, more gigabytes, more aesthetic choices, etc.), and would connect to a paypal account.

We would then also have to pay the 3% paypal charges for each transaction.

That fee would include a card reader so we could take payment on site when needed.

At last month’s meeting, we decided to table this discussion to June’s meeting and vote on this when their are more members present.

PayPal has a card reader for 14.99. We can also have an online option to pay online for 2 years for $311.

Total fee for online payment for 2 years and having a card reader (card reader would remain ours after two years) would be $327

$194.87 for one year of online payment and card reader.

Both would include ongoing fee of 2.9% + .30 cents for each transaction online, and 2.7% for each card reader swipe.

Board discussed and voted. 7 yays and 1 nay - the board moves to adopt the payment options of one year online payment plus a card reader ($194.87) plus

Discuss: Do we want the website to require a login, so only members can access? Free access until later discussion

Region 1 Rep Report (Ryan Pepin)

Nominations for CASP’s Outstanding School Psychologist of the Year

Status of this year’s nomination by Alan Murakami? He did nominate Christa Forslund

Status of how SCASP handles multiple nominations in a given year for future reference: (Table for next meeting)

Other Reports:

7. Updates on Fall 2017 Kick-Off Event:

September 26th 2017 SCASP Mental Health “kick off” 8:30 - 3:30 pm

SCASP 2017-18 Kickoff to be held in Redwood C at SELPA. This will hold 60 people with tables and chairs. Deanna will look into larger spaces. Carl Corbin will provide update on legal briefing and suicide bill. CAPE (12:45-2pm Ryan will ask them and discuss about QPR) and PENT (Suzy Tribbey) for the afternoon

Angela S. will put this on the website.

Discuss fees to be paid to presenters:

Carl Corbin ($300.00 / 3 hours)

CAPE (free?) or other ideas … see below text in green highlight … CAPE is free

Fees to be charged for the workshop and what this included:

Workshop

Lunch - Chloe’s (people will need to register and indicate what meal they want) - Angela B. will check with Suzy about price. Angela B. will also look into Panera and Boudins. We will try to keep it from $10-12 per lunch. Angela will estimate for 60 lunches.

Donation to CASP’s PAC (Political Action Coalition) - will be included in their overall fee

SCASP Yearly Membership with varying membership fees

Status of flyer, content and distribution (Contents and Details)

FALL KICK OFF Schedule

Carl speaking 8:30-11:25

Catered Lunch 11:30-12:30

Plan A:

CAPE speaks 12:45-2

Suzy T speaks on PENT Mental Health 2:10-3:30

Additional fee of $15.00 for CEU’s

Who to orchestrate?

Annalise will provide an outline for Zenia to develop a flyer. Flyer will go out August 1st. Flyer to include 8:00-8:25 registration, 8:30-11:30 Carl Corbin legal update, 11:30-12:30 lunch, 12:45-2:00 CAPE, 2:10-3:30 PENT. Training only (non membership fee) will be for $25. On the flyer be careful with wording to clarify that it would not cover “membership” so that districts will reimburse

Maximum number of attendees? 60 as of now, but Deanna will pursue looking into a space that could hold more.

Do we want to broaden our outreach/marketing of this event? Yes

Board agrees to date and presenters (September 26th, Carl Corbin, CAPE and Suzy Tribbey about PENT). We will continue to figure out lunch and other small details

PLAN A: Status of additional ACES training for Kick-Off and or for future trainings - Suzy to report on …. Or …..

PLAN B: Rebekah Pope from SCOE is interested in participating in a Panel Presentation

that addresses the various support services and organizations that are available to

district’s top address:

Death and school crisis

Suicide and suicide ideation

Counseling services

Free; sliding scale; insurance; etc

- NPS and NPA’s

- SCOE services: ACE’s work; SOS;

- SCOE Career Technical Education

Coordinator for Work-Based Learning

Jessica Progulske

jprogulske@scoe.org (707) 524-2836

8. End of the Year SCASP Party @ Kendall-Jackson winery off the 101

Date: Thursday June 1st. From 3-5 p.m.

$300.00 budget was approved.

Updates on :

# of SCASP members who have RSVP’d?

Fee for non-members

Status of the Pre-deposit for the party?

Status of this event open to children?

Other items to address specific to the End of the Year Party? Suzy Tribbey to provide receipt from Kendall-Jackson

9. All Other Business (AOB) (Table until next meeting)

Do we want to support an event, similar to the past events where SCASP/SELPA facilitated a Panel Presentation w/ SCOE, SELPA, NPS’s, NPA’s, etc

Do we want to consider incorporating this into the Sept. Kick-off event?

Discuss transition process between current officers to future officers

Possible date for all current and future officers to meet in an effort to support a process of smooth transition, as well as hand-over of any necessary or required documents or files

Discuss an official name change from SCASP Steering Committee to SCASP Executive Committee for the 2017-18 year (this will align to current CASP practices)

Action Item - Vote

Discuss future date(s) for the first 2017-18 SCASP Executive Board Meeting

Action Item - Vote

Next / First 2017-18 SCASP Executive Board Mtg: ____________________ (To be scheduled around Zenia Horning and Lesley Charlesworth’s schedule)

Discuss how people report, are compensated or account for their participation in SCASP. Maura Ryan, SCASP’s 2017-18 Membership Committee Lead asked for clarification on this.

10. MEETING ADJOURNED AT: 11:30

May 2017 Meeting Minutes

Posted by Angela Somawang on August 17, 2017 at 12:05 PM Comments comments (0)

SCASP AGENDA & MINUTES

From MAY 9TH, 2017 MEETING

8:30-11:00am

Location: DEANNA’S HOME - Private Residence

ROLL CALL:

Present: Deanna Fontanes-Halliday, Annalise Puentes, Angela Somawang

Absent: Suzy Tribbey, Ryan Pepin, Angela Bonner, Bethany Deniz, Kathy Bregder, Zenia Horning

AGENDA:

Minutes from APRIL - Refer to Appendix A: Approved

Agenda for MAY 2017:

Any amendments: adding the website chair to ballot.

3. Approval of Agenda for MAY 2017 : May 2017 Agenda adopted

4. Bylaws completed, vote to approve. Voted and approved. Adopted and in effect as of May 9th 2017.

5. Nominations for SCASP 2017-18 Officer Positions

Discussion: What is the status with nominations for positions of SCASP executive committee for next school year?

Nominations were due by May 1st, 2017.

President: Zenia Horning

Treasurer: Suzy Tribbey and Angela Bonner as co-treasurers

Secretary: Annalise Puentes and Bethany Deniz as co-secretaries

Membership: Teresa Knapp 

Status of: Ballots scheduled to be sent out on May 1st so voting can take place and is scheduled to be closed by May 15th. Deanna will ask Zenia to send out the ballot with the option to write a name in for each position.

6. Reports/Discussion Items:

Co-Presidents; Co-Treasurers; Co-Secretaries; Membership; Website; Region 1 Rep: Other Reports?

a. Co-Presidents Report (Deanna Fontanes-Halliday):

Discussion regarding 2017-18 SCASP Membership fees

Fee to include:

SCASP membership for yearly membership and attendance to all SCASP sponsored events for the 2017-18 year

Deanna suggested $50 membership for whole year which would include, trainings, parties, events, for the entire year. That would not include CEUs. It would include lunch for one of the full day training and snacks for other trainings.

Affiliates (students, retirees, non-psychs) would be $40

Deanna would like us to consider giving a percentage of fees to be designated to CASP’s Political Action Coalition (PAC). 1-3 percent.

Annalise and Angela are in agreement with the membership and the members agreed to table this for a formal vote until more members are present. We may email this out for votes.

Fee variation for:

Regular Membership

Suggested fee: $50

Affiliate Membership

Suggested fee: $40

To include:

Retitrees

Students

Non-School Psych’s in Education

Parents and All Other Interested People

* Vote on above items specific to 2017-18 SCASP Membership Fees

b. Co-Treasurer's Report (Kathy Bregder & Deanna Fontanes-Halliday):

Status of SCASP account being reimbursed from Kathy Bregder for reimbursement she initiated last year of $103.00? Deanna will investigate with Kathy

Status of: SCASP’s donation to Positive Images $240 for the workshop they facilitated on XXXX. Deanna will investigate with Kathy

Current report on balance in account : 5,092.25

Deanna wants to have a discussion and ideally a vote on alternative methods of payment to simplify membership fee payments and training payments for non SCASP members

c. Co-Secretaries Report- (Analise Puentes & Bethany Deniz): nothing to report

d. Membership Report- (Zenis Horning): nothing to report

e. Website Report - Angela S. reported that she updated the website (for free!) and changed the aesthetic. The website gives an option for using the web store to pay for memberships and trainings, but it will cost 311.76 for two years (the fee includes three emails attached to website, access to the store, more gigabytes, more aesthetic choices, etc.), and would connect to a paypal account. We would then also have to pay the 3% paypal charges for each transaction. We will discuss and vote on this when their are more members present. That fee would include a card reader so we could take payment on site when needed.

f. Region 1 Rep Report (Ryan) - absent

g. Other:

Nominations for CASP’s Outstanding School Psychologist of the Year

Status of this year’s nomination by Alan Murakami? Deanna will email Alan to follow up.

Status of how SCASP handles multiple nominations in a given year for future reference: Ryan was absent

There is some confusion about who is nominating who. Is SCASP formally nominating someone? 

7. Save the Date for:

September 26th 2017 SCASP Mental Health “kick off” 8:30 - 3:30 pm

SCASP 2017-18 Kickoff to be held in Redwood C at SELPA.

Discuss fees to be paid to presenters:

Carl Corbin (see minutes in Appendix A) $300 for 3 hours

CAPE (free?) table until Suzy can give more information

Discuss amount to be charged for the workshop and what this included: $50 for the membership, which would include this training, and lunch for this training. $40 dollars for just training and lunch if you don’t want to become a SCASP member

Status of flyer, content and distribution (Contents and Details) Deanna will talk to Angela and Suzy about it. Once solidified Angela S. will put it on website and facebook

FALL KICK OFF Schedule

Carl speaking 8:30-11:25

Catered Lunch 11:30-12:45

CAPE speaks 1-2

Suzy T speaks on PENT Mental Health 2:10-3:30

Fees inclusive of: workshop, lunch, SCASP Membership and PAC Donations (should we exclude SCASP Membership and PAC Donations from the flyer and announce this as a bonus to the attendees at the event in order to support those of us who need the flyer not to contain language that reflects membership dues and donations?)

Additional fee of $15.00 for CEU’s

Maximum number of attendees?

Do we want to broaden our outreach/marketing of this event? Yes if space allows (school counselors, other administrators, etc.). Deanna will look into the capacity of Redwood C at SCOE or look at other options

Status of CEU’s for Kick-Off Event? Suzy Tribbey will take this on

Status of additional ACES training for Kick-Off and or for future trainings - Suzy to report on

8. CASP - CALLING FOR VOLUNTEERS for Fall Conference (Deanna)

Request from Conference Chair:

Is SCASP interested in being a part of the Fall Conference Organization?

See APPENDIX B - email sent last week, as a deadline of May 8th was set and Deanna wanted to assure all SCASP members had an opportunity to volunteer before the deadline, as our May meeting is taking place after the deadline.

Anyone interested as a group or individually?

9. End of the Year SCASP Party @ Kendall-Jackson winery off the 101

Date: Thursday June 1st. From 3-5 p.m.

$300.00 budget was approved.

Status of flyer to all SCASP members? Deanna will work to have the invite sent out again

Discussion about non-SCASP members attending

For this event the members agreed to allow non-SCASP members to attend for free as a way to include more potential members and be a marketing opportunity. For next year we can charge $10

In the past a $10 fee was requested of non SCASP members

May we want to consider extending an invitation to non-SCASP members and support their attendance for free IF they register to be a SCASP member for next year?

They would need to pay for the 2017-18 membership at this end of the year event

If we do this, we would need to have designated people to oversee this registration process

Additionally, we should discuss having a system in place for quick and easy payments, such as a “Square” Most likely going with paypal but we will discuss at next meeting.

Status of the Pre-deposit for the party?

Status of this event open to children? Yes to children

10. All Other Business (AOB)

Discuss transition process between current officers to future officers

Possible date for all current and future officers to meet in an effort to support a process of smooth transition, as well as hand-over of any necessary or required documents or files June 8th at Deanna’s house

Discuss an official name change from SCASP Steering Committee to SCASP Executive Committee for the 2017-18 year (this will align to current CASP practices) All in agreement

Discuss future date(s) for the first 2017-18 SCASP Executive Board Meeting

We will have one more meeting June 8th at 9:00 at Deanna’s house to do final votes for the items discussed today

Discuss website

Discuss future ‘17-’18 Executive board meetings 

11. MEETING ADJOURNED AT:

10:15am

March 2017 Meeting Minutes

Posted by Angela Somawang on May 8, 2017 at 4:35 PM Comments comments (0)

Location:

Charlies Golf Club

ROLL CALL:

In attendance: Annalise Puentes, Angela Bonner, Michelle Fourre, Suzy Tribbey, Ryan Pepin

 

Minutes from January and February need to be amended/approved:

no February meeting

January minutes approved

 

Amendments of Agenda for March 2017

None

 

Approval of Agenda for March 2017

Approved

 

Update on Bylaws by May 15th

After final edits they are ready to be approved. Angela will send them out in their final version.

 

CASP Spring Conference in SRSC Update – Ryan Pepin/Deanna Fontanes-Halliday

Wine donation status? Not needed, they will be having a wine tasting hosted by Enriquez

Volunteers status? Volunteers still needed for job faire, stuffing bags, and leading fun run.

Any updates? Come to it!

 

Nominations for SCASP 2017-18 Officer Positions

Details and process to initiate nominations BEFORE April 15, 2017

Details and Process for voting and dates/deadlines?

Nominations due by May 1st, 2017. Ballots will be sent out on May 1st and then voting will be closed by May 15th

 

8. Status of Nomination for Regional Affiliate Rep. - Ryan Pepin

Deanna Fontanes-Halliday has been nominated for Region 1

 

9. Reports:

a. Co-Presidents - nothing at this time

b. Treasurer's - 5,100 in the account

c. Secretaries -None

d. Membership - None

e. Website - Angela not present

f. Other …..

 

10. Next SCASP/SELPA Training: LGBTQ workshop at SELPA on April 5th, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Flyer was developed and sent out to everyone twice. Will send out two more times. Have an e-mail into Zenia to see how many folks have signed up. 15 people have signed up

 

11. Save the Date for September 26th 2017 SCASP kick off. Let’s nail down the specifics and send out a flyer to all School Psychologist, Counselors and who else (nurses?) ?

Redwood C - we are thinking about doing a “Mental Health Kickoff” Carl Corbin ½ day, option to pay $10 extra for lunch.

-Angela will email Carl (suicide legal stuff)

-Ryan will contact CAPE

- Suzy could talk about PENT, goals and objectives, ERICS/ERMHS allocation

 

12. End of the Year SCASP Party - Graton Casino? Other options?

Who to orchestrate?

Date and time? Thursday June 1st

Group thought it would be a good idea to send out a save the date and survey to help figure out where we should have the party. Thoughts included Paradise Ridge, Lagunitas, Graton Casino, J Winery, Crooked goat brewing company, Barlow, etc.

 

Suzy will create one email that will include the following: (To go out to all school psychologists on the email list)

A survey/save the date to send out for end of the year party

A call for nominations for elected positions (and make sure to list all of the positions)

A call for nominations for Outstanding School Psychologist

 

November 2016 Meeting Minutes

Posted by Angela Somawang on May 8, 2017 at 4:35 PM Comments comments (0)

MEETING: NOVEMBER 17, 2016

PLACE: NECTAR - 3514 ROUND BARN BLVD. SR. CA

TIME: 8:30 A.M. - 10:00 a.m.

ATTENDEES:

In Attendance: Angela Bonner; Deanna Fontanes-Halliday; Bethany Deniz; Annalise Puentes. Kathy Bregder, Angela Somawang, Suzy Tribbey

 

AGENDA

Last SCASP OCTOBER Meeting Follow-up

CORRECTION FOR OCTOBER MINUTES:

Minutes from 10/20/2016 Meeting Adopted

Committee Member’s Reports:

Presidents

- Angela to share By-Law (draft); Angela researched places for Holiday parties, report and discuss.

- The group discussed charging 20 dollars for students and retired members while charging 25 dollars for everyone else

Deanna to share the feedback from the evaluation forms submitted from the Oct. 25th training on Challenging Relationships, Difficult Conversations and Positive Results

There were 12 respondents Click Here to See Responses

New Members:

Heather Meader, SCOE (ERMHS provider to ED classes), hmeader@scoe.org

Inge Helderweirt, SRCS (behavior spec), ihelderweirt@srcs.k12.ca.us

Sharen Bertrando, SELPA (prog spec), sbetrando@sonomaselpa.org

Alex Cowan, Windsor (psych), acowan@wusd.org

Debbie Groff, Retired (psych), Mark West/private, dbbgroff@aol.com

Danielle Capone, CRP (psych), danielle_capone@crpusd.org

 

Thank you card to be signed by Steering Committee on 11/17/16 for presenters of training on 10/25/2016

There was an issue at the last training offered, where SELPA employees were charged to attend. The group discussed how to change this. The group considered allowing the presenter to decide who they want to invite for free. We also discussed allowing the SELPA director and Program Specialists to be allowed access to all SCASP trainings since we work so closely with them and they have graciously supported SCASP with many resources.

 

Secretaries

 

Treasure

Report on revenue from Oct 25th Training ($180 - 6 new members @ $25/member + 2 @ $15 (training fee only).

 

Media/ Website Membership

Angela Somawang will explore if SCASP can use Paypal and the Square App through our website in order to charge for trainings and membership online. She will also explore getting the Square App and hardware so we can take payment at trainings via credit card.

 

CASP 1 Region Rep

Old business

On-going discussion re: Angela and Deanna would like to solicit a co-chair. Next month we will discuss what we want out of the website (content, registration, aesthetic, etc.) and how much money do we want to invest in the website. How much money does it cost to host registration and online payments? Group decided to continue this discussion.

 

PREPaRE: 2 options - Full day or 1/2 day suicide prevention training (Cost: traveling and speaker fee). 2 day NASP PREPaRE training is $45 per person paid to NASP, limit of 40 participants (traveling, speaker fees). Stephen Brock Full day is $3,000, half day is $1,500, both do not include mileage. Group discussed that if SELPA/SCOE chip in, this might be more doable. SCASP discussed chippin in 1,000 dollars. Suzy will ask Debra Saunders at SCOE about her interest in co -hosting this training.

Redwood Credit Union on Cleveland avenue has a large training space that might work well for large groups. Deanna will look into availability.

Suzy will look into space availability at SCOE as well

 

Follow-up from Suzy Tribbey from last month’s meeting:

Sharen Bertrando already has a training in the works with CAPTAIN on Autism. Stay tuned ... she said it'll be sometime in January.

SELPA is talking to SEIS about adding the PSW form for SLD determination. Hope to have it up by next week or so! This will be announced to all the directors tomorrow morning at Steering.

Adam is willing to ask Dr. Herrington to co-sponsor the suicide prevention training, but asks that I send him an email with the cost and description. Bethany ... could you write something up once Steve B. gives you an estimate and I'll send it along?

The website has already been updated to indicate membership as $25.

I have an email in to Positive Images requesting a presentation sometime in January or February. I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

Javier, from Positive Images, is available to present with 2 others for $160. Februrary 9th 2:30-4:30 at SCOE. Suzy will get more info from the founder.

 

New Business

Holiday Party Details and Invites: Angela Bonner will create a blurb about it to send out, and Annalise will will create the form to send out. We will have it at Steele and Hops and will invite partners and families.

The group also discussed having a happy hour event at Graton Casino in Janurary.

ACTION ITEMS

NEXT MONTH'S AGENDA

-Suzy will run through the CAPTAINS website (provides resources for working with students with autism).

- CASP update for spring conference.

- Kathy will looking into talking to Tara from San Franciscio regarding training on issues with working with Trans students.

- review updated By-laws

 

 

October 2016 Meeting Minutes

Posted by Angela Somawang on May 8, 2017 at 4:30 PM Comments comments (0)

ATTENDEES:

Confirmed: Angela Bonner; Deanna Fontanes-Halliday; Bethany Deniz; Annalise Puentes; Suzy Tribbey; Kathy Bregder, Ryan Pepin

Regrets: Michelle Fourre, Zenia

AGENDA

Last SCASP SEPTEMBER Meeting Follow-up

CORRECTION FOR SEPTEMBER MINUTES regarding finances: (see Kathy’s e-mail) “We brought in $1800 for 72 memberships at $25 each, and $400 in CPD requests (20 X $20)--so $2200 was the gross. We spent $400 for Carl's fee, $63.80 for coffee and $64.10 for food for a total of $527.90 outgo. So the net is actually $1672.10 ($2200 - $527.90). CPD intake from the past 2 years (not recorded anywhere else): $340 for 2015-16 (2 small workshops) and $1040 for 2014-15 (3 workshops).”

Adoption of Minutes from 9/20/2016 Meeting (Minutes adopted by all in attendance)

Committee Member’s Reports

Presidents updated info for SCASP training next week (see below)

Secretaries no updates

Treasure no updates

Media/ Website Angela and Deanna would like to solicit a co-chair. Next month we will discuss what we want out of the website (content, registration, aesthetic, etc.) and how much money do we want to invest in the website. How much money does it cost to host registration and online payments?

Membership No report provided

CASP 1 Region Rep CASP Conference is coming next week, so Ryan will have more information after the CASP Board Meeting

Old business

On-going discussion re: subcommittees for website development (see minutes from 9/20/16)

Our November meeting takes place on Nov. 17th at 8:30am (Location: Nectars)

New Business

Discussion of 25th October SCASP Workshop (Deanna and all)

29 Registered People to date! 30 people signed up, 5 will be coming with cash/check.

Volunteers to assist w/ registration and setup: Connie Freeman, Lisa Young, Michelle Fourre and Deanna Fontanes-Halliday, Kathy Bregder

Web site where are we? Does Angela S. need a Co-Website Chair ?

By-Laws update (Angela AND RYAN) Angela provided CASP Affiliate Leadership Guide and draft SCASP By-Laws. Angela had reviewed two other affiliate by-laws. Ryan reported that we should provide Sarah Rodriguez (point person at CASP) a copy of the adopted by-laws. Angela will share the draft by-laws to the steering committee to comment on Google Drive. We will vote on this at the November SCASP Steering Meeting. Group likes the idea of allowing two people to co-chair a position.

Planning for next SCASP Spring Conference (PREPaRE)? Host a happy hour during the conference?

PREPaRE: 2 options - Full day or 1/2 day suicide prevention training (Cost: traveling and speaker fee). 2 day NASP PREPaRE training is $45 per person paid to NASP, limit of 40 participants (traveling, speaker fees).

Cognition in Present Levels on IEPs Suzy asked about the need for a specific portion of the Present Levels to discuss cognition.

SCASP advertising on SELPA website Suzy spoke with Adam, and SELPA is not interested in providing registration for SCASP, but they are interested in providing a link to the SCASP website on their updated website.

ACTION ITEMS

Bethany will investigate what the fees are for the suicide prevention training by Stephen Brock.

Suzy will talk with SELPA and SCOE about need for suicide training/PREPaRE.

Deanna will continue to look into places for the Holiday party and ask about corkage fees.

Suzy will investigate the possibility of working with Positive Images for a training. (How to support your school in accepting all students and tools for specialists)

Zenia will send out a save the date for the Holiday Party

NEXT MONTH'S AGENDA

Planning for next SCASP meet-up (Happy Hour)

Planning for SCASP Christmas Party (FLAMINGO HOTEL?) plan for about 20 people, $100 (200 max if we have a larger group), Suzy will get wine at Costco so we can have a few bottles paid for. Deanna will look into corkage fees at various locations.

Planning for Spring CASP Conference

 

September 2016 Meeting Minutes

Posted by Angela Somawang on May 8, 2017 at 4:30 PM Comments comments (0)

September 20th, 2017

Nectars 8:30am


Summary of Agenda:

Discuss, vote and approve previous minutes from August 17th SCASP meeting.

Officers report out on their areas; even if you have nothing to share, then say so (or report on your area) and we can add to the minutes: Co-Presidents (update of where we are now and vision for this school year), Co-Secretaries, Co-Treasures (what is the account as of today? What is the budget for guest speakers this school year?), Media/Website Chair (Angela S. where are we now, what is our new domain website address? What do you need from us?) Membership Chair (Zenia, do you have all the “list” from us?, CASP Region 1 Rep. anything new with CASP or State Legal?

Discuss CEU NASP vrs. CASP

Discuss, vote and approve new CEU Coordinator Position.

Calendaring SCASP Trainings for this school year. Deanna to share the needs assessment survey, bring your ideas, people, places to hold trainings this school year. Let’s calendar another training.

Parties, Parties, Parties!!! Christmas Party when and where? Happy Hour between now and then?

The By-Laws have been given by CASP, Angela and Ryan are to update By-Laws, anyone else want to be on this committee?

What is the process for sending out job announcements? Is this the responsibility of SCASP or SELPA? A carry-over question from last month.

Deanna to lead the discussion of SCASP Ad-Hoc Committees. How to disseminate information to other surrounding districts, coordinate and communicate with others about organizing our efforts.

 

August 2016 Meeting Minutes

Posted by Angela Somawang on May 8, 2017 at 4:30 PM Comments comments (0)

2016-17 SCASP Steering Committee Meeting Agenda

August 17, 2016

Chloe’s Cafe in Santa Rosa

1:30-3:30

 

In Attendance: Deanna Fontanes-Halliday, Angela Bonner, Michelle Fourre, Heidi, Hahn, Teresa Knapp, Ryan Pepin, Kathy Bregder, Zenia Horning, Regina Herrington, Bethany Deniz, Annalise Puentes, Suzy Tribbey.

 

Discuss SCASP Meeting Expectations:

Group agreed to start on time, no side conversations. To help ensure we start on time, people interested in ordering food and socializing will be expected to come 30 minutes prior to start time.

There will be a designated time keeper at each meeting. Angela Bonner volunteered to be time-keeper for this meeting.

Discuss Overview of Roles and Responsibilities for all SCASP Officers Elected Position:

Team discussed the possibility of electing positions more in line with CASP officers, specifically to have past, president, and president elect. The group will plan on using that model next year.

All SCASP Officers should be both SCASP and CASP members.

The following responsibilities were added to the various positions

President: as appropriate, will introduce presenters or coordinate with members to introduce presenters, at trainings and events. Approve Steering Committee minutes

Treasurer: Collect money, disseminate money, manage bank account and bring to SCASP meetings the balance of the bank account (transparency)

Membership chair: will maintain and update county wide email list

CASP Region 1 Rep: Will man a table at SCASP events where people can sign up to be a CASP member

Vote to fill the two open positions (membership chair and CEU Coordinator)

Group decided that no one person can hold two officer positions at the same time

Connie Freeman, current co-treasurer, asked to step down from the position of Co-Treasure. Teresa Knapp volunteered to take the position as Co-Treasure and group voted in agreement.

The group discussed the pros and cons of applying to become a NASP approved CPD provider as well as using the CASP CPDs. The group agreed that more information was needed to determine which to pursue, which would impact the role of the CEU Coordinator position.

Annalise Puentes and Suzy Tribbey will make a google document to compare both options.

Annalise Puentes will upload the NASP Approved Provider’s Documents to google. Available Here

SCASP Committee to vote at next meeting for either CASP or NASP CPDs provider.

Discuss new SCASP structure

The group discussed updating SCASP By-Laws. Presidents will upload the by laws into google docs and allow for comments from SCASP Steering Members.

Ryan Pepin will get sample By-Laws from other regional organizations as a template

Group agreed to post Steering Meeting notes on website

Group discussed Membership Chair position taking on the role of reaching out to smaller districts or psychologists working on their own.

 

Discuss Ad-Hoc/Sub Committees idea

Group suggests adding Holiday/End of Year Party and Fundraising sub-committees.

Discuss CASP Spring Conference

Ryan Pepin will check with CASP about the ability of SCASP to host a fundraiser.

Clarify that this event is the CASP Spring Institute

Develop a process for information distribution specific to job requests throughout the year by Districts in need of having position filled. Was not discussed, move to next agenda item.

 

Officer Positions as of 8/17/16

Co- President: Angela Bonner and Deanna Fontanes-Halliday

Co-Secretary: Annalise Puentes and Bethany Deniz

Co-Treasurer: Kathy Bregder and Teresa Knapp

CEU Coordinator: vacant until further information can be gathered to determine responsibilities

Media Chair/Website: Angela Somawang

Membership Chair: Zenia Horning

CASP Region 1 Rep: Ryan Pepin

 

 


Rss_feed